Solanum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A deadly virus, Solanum, escapes from the local medical laboratory. The small village, Picola, is put into lockdown as the virus spreads. The Idolum run rampant as the town struggles for survival.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hectar Garner

Hectar Garner

Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Empty
PostSubject: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 am

The Helicopter, and MI-17, was heading towards the small village of Picola. Aboard the Copter was celebrated Army General Hectar Jeremiah Garner, and his parents and wife. He'd wanted to know where they were and keep them safe. They were the only family he had. The door was open and Hectar had his head out, the M1 Garand his grandfather had given to him at hand. He held his Trench-knife, too. His wife, Becky, put her hand on his shoulder and told him, "Relax, Hex. You're making me nervous. We're in a Helicopter, they can't get to us up here."
Hectar sighed. "I just don't want you to get hurt. Any of you."
She giggled. "You don't have to be so tense all the time, my love. I have something to tell you..."
He turned to face her, suddenly alert. "What is it?" He asked softly.
She giggled even more. "I'm pregnant!"
He stared in disbelief. Then, his look of shock turned into excitement. "I'm gonna be a Daddy?" She nodded, and he cheered. "I'm gonna be a Daddy!" Sadly, yelling was not the right thing to do, because at that moment Picola came into view. And the Idolum heard him.

They came, like a herd of Rhinos. He stared and them, and his parents awoke, began screaming. A few were armed, with guns, and one shot at the plane. It hit the engine and the Helicopter spiralled out of control. Becky fell, but Hectar held out his hand. She grabbed onto it, but it was sweaty and she began to slip. Hectar pulled her up onto the plane, but it was about to ignite, so he then grabbed her had and ran to the other side of the 'Copter, taking his parents with him, and dived off the other side. Becky slipped from his grasp, as he jumped, and was left as the helicopter exploded. However, his parents fell into the mass of Zombies and were bitten, so they fell to the floor. "No..." He breathed, as he fell through the air. He'd just lost everything.

Hectar landed on top of a Zombie and knifed it's head. Gel-like blood spurted from it as he jumped off, ready to kill more of the things that had killed his family. However, most of the Idolum had scattered from the explosion, away from the fire, as though afraid. Although, they couldn't be afraid. They didn't have that instinct. Then one jumped onto him and he shot it in the face. However, the gun jumped back and smacked him in the face, causing him to black out.

When he awoke, somebody was there. Hectar's vision refocused and he saw the Idolum again, outside, hungry and trying to kill. He was in Picola, in the School base, and the person held out their hand for him to grab as he heard a voice saying, "Get up, they're on us."
Back to top Go down
Malachi Santiago
Admin
Malachi Santiago

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

((First post and museless, but I promised a reply so don't expect it to be very long,))

Why must people fall out of the freakin' sky? Malachi wondered as he set the older man on a cot inside the school. Not very far away were the Idolum scratching and moaning to get at the person who eluded them. Both of the men were safely inside the school base; in what seemed to be an old Geometry room. "I remember this classroom, oh the old days. Don't I wish I could go back." Malachi wondered out loud as one of the younger kids and he rubbed the blood off of the man. It was splattered on his torn clothes, matted in his hair and all over his face. Your lucky I pulled you out when I did, or you'd be one of them. Malachi thought. Now hopefully this man would join them to save others like Malachi did with him today. If only he'd come to, the Idolum were almost done getting past the explosive barrier, and they were going to have to fire at them until some workers could repair the fence. The resistance couldn't lose the school, it was too much of asset to them. There wasn't a prison in the town, and the old pawn shop offered little protection.

"DAMMIT THEY BROKE THROUGH! Go get Alaska kid, we got a break in on our hands. Tell that cyrus kid to ring the bell, make him good for something. I'll get this one up and running, I'll meet you at the front! Keep firing at their heads until we make it!" Malachi cried at the kid as he saw the first Idolum make it through unscathed into the school yard. Finishing wiping the blood like liquid off of the man, he shook him awake. "I hope you have no injuries, because you got flung in the middle of a huge-assed mess, stranger." Malachi spoke as the man came to.

"Get up, they're on to us" Malachi said as he reached a hand out to the groggy man. "Let's get a move-on unless you want to hunger for human flesh as well." Not hesitating, Malachi grasped the man's hand and yanked him up on the cot, before promptly turning around to grab the man's gun. "I hope you have some ammo for that gun, 'cause we have none. I'll get my machete and gun and we need to meet that kid at the front of the building. The Idolum will be here any second. You want life, you come now, no questions asked until this little problem is OVER!" Malachi stressed as he tossed the gun towards the man and started to walk out of the room. He wished he had the time for niceties, but the man caused a problem by enticing the Idolum, and Malachi had to clean up the mess now.
Back to top Go down
https://solanum.rpg-board.net
Hectar Garner

Hectar Garner

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:55 pm

"Oh, crap." Hectar muttered. He'd landed himself right in the middle of a breakout. The guy explained what was going on, but his head was spinning and iit seemed like this other bloke was turning into a penguin. Shaking his head, the marine stood up and loaded his magzine into the M1 Garand. He followed the guy to the front of the building, trying to catch up with him. He was in pain, limping, and his head was spinning like it wanted to fall off, but he was prepared for whatever would happen. He had his knife at hisbelt, as always, and when he caught up to the guy they were almost at the front of the building. He felt around in his pockets for some tablets and, gladly, dfound his last packet of painkillers. He swallowed one, shivering at the taste as he couldn't wash it away. The spinning lessened and he could see properly. "Okay, let's kill some dirt." He muttered, remembering his family's death at the hands of the Idolum. He wanted every last one of them dead. Or rather, re-dead

The first few Idolum came, groaning gutterally. "Holy mary," Hectar muttered, "Look at them." He aimed his rifle at them, peering down the sights and shooting one in the arm. It just fell of and the thing kept on coming. "Aw, come on!" He muttered. Gel was pouring out, like from the one he'd killed earlier. "Take it!" He yelled as he shot a couple more, both in the head. Then they died. "Huzzah." He muttered. They need headshots. "Fabulous." He rolled his eyes. "I need a beer." He grumbled, he muttered, but he'd started it so he ahd to finish it. Such was how his mind went. He shot a couple more (one missed and it was still coming) but it was like Space Invaders. There always seemed to be more behind them. This was the place that the infection had started, but it was ridiculous. Even the battle of Yonkers wasn't so bad. He shot another, and another, and another, all three in the head, but they were still coming. One was right near him, so he took out his knife, with the blade pointing down, and knifed it's neck.

((Sorry it's so... well, crap))
Back to top Go down
Chanelle Austin

Chanelle Austin

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:57 am

Elle drove up to the school in her suburban. She had gone around back with the bus route, but couldn’t get in. As the brunette crept around the side of the East Wing, she saw the zombie attack. Fantastic. She thought to herself. She made it to the school, and this is what she gets? She had heard of the Resistance, but it was no time to be a glossy eyed fool.

Yes, it would have been nice to have a welcoming; one strewn with sunshine and happy faces. But lets face that idea; this is zombie-town. Its like a video game gone wrong; one you can’t just start over, of be brought back to life. One chance; unlike zombies; it doesn’t matter if they lose a limb or two. As long as they can scream and walk. Or, crawl in some cases.

Back to the point; she couldn’t attract attention. So she cut the engine. Feeling the soft seats, her hand found the cold handle of Noah’s gun next to her. She couldn’t talk much about guns; all she new was it could shoot six bullets before reload. Elle knew this gun pretty well; they had owned it a long time, and even though it was her brother’s(that died), and she shot it out in the woods. He filled her pockets with bullets.

With a creative thought, she silently crawled out of the truck, leaving the door open for easy access. That was she could run in without the stall of trying to get it open. Elle tossed her bat up on the roof. She threw a foot up on the bar on the side of the dumpster, and lifted herself up on it. With a lot of effort she managed to climb up on the roof, thanks to the trash, conveniently placed satellite dish, and gym class.

Now she was safe. She broke into a sprint and banked herself up on the roof. It was worse than she thought; they were starting to gather around. She saw what looked like two resistance fighters wacking profusely at the monsters. She ran a hand through her hair to get it out of her eyes, and leaned into her gun, looking into scope.

At first she missed. But she reajusted. Elle was focused behind that weapon, shooting a few more successfully, but they were just collecting. She grimace, crawling back down to the truck. Time do to this country style. She turned on the truck, and the gun in the seat. With a grin the wrestled on a leather jacket for protection; took the big knife out of the dashboard, and set it in her lap.

The truck peeled around the engine, and you could hear the engine roar loudly as she pressed down on the gas. Hopefully those resistance guys were smart enough to get out of the way. They were smart enough to stay alive, right? Oh well. She smashed into the crowd of zombies, four wheel drive.
Back to top Go down
Hectar Garner

Hectar Garner

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:03 am

Hectar heard the roar of the engine behind him and had three thoughts in the space of a few seconds:
1) What if the noise attracts more Zombies?
2) What if it doesn't kill them and we get bitten?
3) What is it hits us? Oh god... DUCK!
Just in time he hit the floor and the truck rolled over him. Not the wheels, he was beneath the undercarriage of the truck. When it had gone past, he stood back up and saw several crippled Idolum on the floor. He stomped opn one of the closest heads and it exploded, gel-like blood eerywhere. He muttered something about it being gross and looked around. There were still a few Ghouls about. Ghouls... that was a good idea for a name. He made a note to put it in his report. "Okay then Zombies... let's go." He picked up his M1 Garand, which he'd thrown away from him into the dirt as the truck went past. He tried to fire a round at a Zombie but it was jammed. He rolled his eyes and muttered, "Dammit." He could fix it, but not under this pressure. The Ghouls were converging, too, so he ran back into the school and grabbed a random firearm from the table, leaving his rifle on the table. He then returned to the fight.

On the way, Hectar took a look at his new gun. It wasn't what he'd ususally use, as it was a pistol. A Heckler of some sort, it seemed, which meant pretty good reliability. He Looked down the iron sights when he got outside again and shot one. It went through the skull and the Zombie went down like a sack of sugar. He smiled a little. It was good. He took another shot, but the clipped a shoulder. The arm came entirely off, but it kept on coming. Despite how impressed he was at this creature, he shot again, taking of the legs. "There we go..." He said, but it was clawing along on one leg. He sighed and put a bullet through it's brain. It collapsed. Slowly, he began to dispatch the cripples, taking care not to get bitten. He guessed they'd still be a threat to him, with the brain seeming to be the only part that could actually dispose of the Ghoul.

After he'd cleaned up the remainders, and killed the remaining able ones, he walked over to the truck which had nearly killed him and knocked on the door. "Hello?" He asked inside it, his firearm still at hand incase the human inside had been bitten.
Back to top Go down
Chanelle Austin

Chanelle Austin

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:48 pm

(I forgot to reply! XD I though I did. xD)

Apparently her stunt helped a little bit, because the rest went over pretty quickly. She heard a slight knock on the window, which she automatically reacted to. She pressed her gun barrel against the glass immediately, but withdrew, when his face came to view.

You can tell a person is not infected by three things. One, They make conscious movements, such as picking something up. Two, they don’t have missing limbs. And lastly; three. They aren’t running at you like your steak, jaw (if its still attached) projecting an awful alarm of a screech. She had no remorse for those creatures. They took her whole family; they were not the people they used to be.

“Hello?” The man asked. He was older than Elle was, but not like an old man. Probably in his twenties. He didn’t seemed very shocked by this whole zombie thing; he knew what he was doing. She rolled down the window with the old crank style way, and grinned, scrunching her nose.

The stench of zombie wasn’t exactly the best one. Rotting corpses for months, dragging themselves around all over the place? Ugh. She would never be able to get the smell off her Suburban. But maybe that was a good thing, like camouflage.

“Uhh,” She stalled, not sure what to say. “I‘m Chanelle. I’ve got a half a tank n this sucker, but it‘s a huge gas guzzler. I’ve got supplies, too. And Ammo.” She explained, pointing to the back seat.

Thankfully she had time to scavenge everything from her house she could. The only reason so much of it was left was because all of her family members got picked off. Their home had been a bunker before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))   Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival ((Open)) ((In the past, not long after the breakout))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solanum :: ICC :: Resistance Base-
Jump to: